pink

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Learning to race

I have created this  blog so my family could follow my journey learning to drag race.  I started my journey in April and attended Frank Hawleys Drag School.  It was an amazing and alot harder then I anticipated. My husband used to race and he built my car.  It is an altered/funny car.  It is a 1942 Fiat with a Chevy big block engine.  The name of my car is MisBehavin.  On Friday August 26th we went to Rocky Mountain Raceway to make first runs in our car.  We had a couple minor driver errors, thats me, and a problem with the fuel being too rich.  It was a very productive day and we fixed our problems.  We went back out Saterday ready to try again.  Saterday was also a success I made it all the way down the track without the car shutting down.  Very happy moment.  On August 31 I had to have surgery on my right hand so depending on what the doctor says this may be the end of our race season.  I will keep you updated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment